11/10/12

A Slow Wait

So it's been about two weeks (the last post should have been later in the week...then it would be a bit more even, but meh it's still an average of one post per week) and it's time for another post. Eventually I'll be posting videos, though that may or may not happen before I replace my laptop's fan hopefully during the Thanksgiving break. In the meantime, I made a very simple opening sequence (terribly simple) that I am planning on adding to all of my videos and I might add thumbnails to the youtube previews if I split up the videos into different categories (which I might not do). I also found some catchy background music, which is always nice.

So, eventually videos will be posted sooner or later depending on whether I want to post one with the bad humming of my dying fan or wait for the new fan and hope it's better. Worse case, I might just buy a USB microphone and with any luck, the distance will lower the humming from the video. I know that I can edit the audio separately and lower the humming, but that is a lot of effort and time xD.

I recently rewatched all of Tenchi in Tokyo which was fun and recently found a CLI anime watchlist for linux. It's called Anigrate (http://anigrate.glacicle.org/) and supports importing lists from aniDB and MAL. If you have the knowledge, you can also set up a server to display some of your anime watching statistics. It doesn't seem to work correctly with some anime titles that have characters not available in ASCII, but I imagine that it's a simple fix (I only wish I knew how to fix it myself). With that said, I'm kind of poking around and looking for anything that might help someone with limited python knowledge, such as myself, to fix the issue. Aside from that, it's perfectly usable as a personal watch list and might be convenient for keeping a local track of what you watch, though unfortunately it doesn't automatically record what you are watching. With that said, I slightly recall seeing a script for MAL and linux somewhere that has a feature like that, though I will have to search for that script again before saying anything definite.

I'm not exactly sure how this blog is going to work since I didn't actually think of what I would be doing with the blog except for posting any scripts that I might happen to make or something of that nature, but I suppose eventually I'll think of something. Until then, I hope whoever reads this happens to find something useful from my random banters.

No comments:

Post a Comment